Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Happy Birthday Mr. Charles Dickens


After almost two years of inactivity I’m dusting off this old blog to give it another try. Why? Apparently, if you want to be a published writer you need to have a blog. So here we go!

And what better way to start a revamped writing blog than on the 200th birthday of Mr. Charles Dickens. Born on this day in 1812, Dickens is one of the most beloved writers in history. His best known work, A Christmas Carol, has probably been redone, remade, and re-envisioned more than any other story this side of Shakespeare. To create something so beloved, that continues to move people nearly two centuries later, it’s what every writer dreams of.

“It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known. “ 
-Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to get comments!!!