Friday, February 10, 2012

Oregon Wildlife Society Conference

I just got back from 3 days of talks and presentations at the Oregon Chapter of The Wildlife Society annual meeting held on the Oregon coast. There were some very interesting talks this year and I learned a ton. While I was there, I realized that this was my 5th or 6th professional conference but that I've never been to a writing conference. At professional conferences there are always a few big names that always have a crowd around them. College undergrads pester them for advice and clamor for face time with someone who could potentially make or break their career. I imagine that at a writing conference I would take the role of an attention starved undergrad, hoping an established author or agent might throw me a crumb!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to get comments!!!