Thursday, April 26, 2012

National Poetry Month: My Writing Haikus

I didn't realize it but Vanessa Eccle over at The Writer's Block pointed out that April is National Poetry Month.

I dabble in poetry so I thought I'd share some writing inspired Haiku. Please let me know what you think. Please share if you like. Enjoy!

The Writer
Painting worlds with words
A blank page is my canvas
I am a writer

Rejection Letters Suck
The rejections flood
my inbox with seeds of doubt
only sewn by choice

Barnes and Nobel
I enter the store
My sweat and tears on a shelf
A dream that's come true

The Query Shark
Enter the waters
Your work in the chum bucket
The shark is hungry

3 comments:

  1. I like the Barnes and Noble haiku. Give me a brick and mortar store over Amazon any day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really bad with haikus and most of the time I don't really get them, but I liked the Rejection Letters one. Captures the duality of the writer submitting himself to the process, knowing it will hurt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't know if I'm any good with haikus but I do enjoy them.

      Delete

Love to get comments!!!